Monday, April 18, 2011

Resilience


I asked how she was doing
she said she’ll handle it
It’s her version of my “Maintainin’”

I know exactly what it means
I’ve seen her handle it before
It looks effortless

Maybe that’s the problem
Maybe that’s why no one seems to be worried
She can always convince me not to be… almost

My maintaining is not as graceful as her handling
So whenever I can, I take notes
It’s not something a person can learn
It just is

My notes are more for inspiration
Not an actual attempt to learn how to handle the way she handles
Impossible!
Her handle is something you have to be born with

It’s raw talent
Honed and polished by life, love and hurt.. but not necessarily in that order
So I maintain

Resilience
noun
1. the power or ability to return to the original form, position, etc., after being bent, compressed, or stretched; elasticity.
2. ability to recover readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment