Saturday, December 4, 2010

"My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy" Album Review

It's hot. Go Cop it!

There aren't really any wack songs. I can listen to this album straight through. He is certainly darker and more eccentric than Kanye used to be hence the title of the album. However, I like how Kanye is able to evolve his sound and his lyrics and deliver great music without really making you just wish he was the old Kanye. And isn't that what we often feel once some artists get past their second album? It might be what you were thinking when you heard "808's and Heartbreaks". But this is his fifth album and I'm into it.

"Monster" is my favorite track right now. But by the time I get tired of it I know there will be other tracks for me to re-discover and obsess over the way I am with "Monster". Rick Ross is totally unnecessary on this song. It's like if you forgot your drink in the kitchen you can go get it while Rick Ross' verse starts then make it back really quick before Kanye comes in. Or maybe that is too harsh. Maybe he is a nice warm up for everyone else. Jay-Z is hard. Nicki Minaj comes tough, it's almost like she had no choice. It's pretty awesome. By the way, does anyone know what a sarcophagus is? Kanye says "Put the pu**y in a sarcophagus." I just had to look it up. According to dictionary.com it's "a stone coffin, esp. one bearing sculpture, inscriptions, etc.," So I guess he isn't just making stuff up here.


"Gorgeous" is exciting because Raekwon is on it. And just hearing his voice takes me back to the 90's. I love the track on "Devil in a New Dress", maybe Rick Ross is more necessary on this one. Give the whole album a listen. On the ugotthejuicenow blogspot scale I give it 4 out of 5 cups of juice. On "All of the Lights" as soon as Rihanna comes in she reminds me of the SNL "Shy Ronnie" skit. Too funny! check it out.




No comments:

Post a Comment