Friday, January 28, 2011

State of the Union... A Poem

I totally intended to watch Barack's State of the Union Address on Tuesday but I fell asleep. So here's mine.

The rich get richer
or at least they stay rich
The poor get poorer
and they certainly stay poor

Upward mobility is at an all time low
My man MA$E once said "Niggaz ain't cheap they broke"

And are they ever!

My President is black
All my bosses are still white
The American Dream is now an R&B singer
The old American Dream relocated to India...or China
with the jobs

You're better off coonin and bufoonin
(or whatever your ethnicity's version of that is) on MTV
than getting a college degree

You can't afford to get sick
Your family can't afford for you to die

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free.."

God Bless you Lady Liberty
We've been here all along

2 comments:

  1. As usual, you have played down your talent for the subtly profound. This is beautiful and disgusting at the same time. In other words...genius...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only my Sis.
    And I like it like this. Tear drop just dried on my my cheek...
    All I can say is damn...she's deep.

    ReplyDelete